Citizen Observer Alert Network
Help create a stronger community by signing up to receive Citizen, Business, and Neighborhood alerts. You’ll get information directly from your local law enforcement agency that impacts your community.
The Alert Network allows the Cambridge Police Department to instantly update you about crimes, emergencies and other important information.
All Alerts are delivered via e-mail and are also available via text message on your cell phone.
- Citizen Alerts inform all registered users of public safety concerns in your area. The Alerts contain information about crime trends, descriptions of suspects, missing persons, as well as advice on personal safety, and how to safeguard property.
- Business Alerts are targeted to specific business types, so your business will receive information about crimes that are pertinent to your business type.
- Case Alerts allow law enforcement to automatically disseminate information about open cases to all registered Citizen Observer user.
- Watch Group Alerts allow law enforcement to send targeted alerts to specific neighborhoods with information about crimes that are happening in their immediate area.
Sign up now to be in the know
This service will be used to alert residents via phone calls, emails, and text messages in the event of emergencies within the city, such as:
- Snow emergencies
- Large scale water outages or other significant service disruptions
- Street cleaning reminders
- Trash/recycling pickup
- City news and departmental information
Crime Mapping, Email Reports and Tips for the Public
RAIDS Online compiles crime data and other information from law enforcement agencies to make it easier for the public to stay informed about crime. Data in RAIDS Online is provided directly from each law enforcement agency. Because RAIDS Online is just the public side of a much more robust crime data sharing and analysis system for law enforcement, we take every step to ensure that the data is of the highest quality and accuracy. To uphold these quality standards, BAIR works with each agency to set up an automated feed of the data from their crime database into the RAIDS database. Receiving the data directly from each law enforcement agency ensures that the data is always up to date, accurate and complete