Growing, established not-for-profit seeks proactive self-starter to fill the position of Membership Coordinator.
Reports to: Executive Director
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Membership Coordinator will manage the membership base of Cambridge Local First. This position includes a variety of complex administrative and communications duties and assists in a variety of annual campaigns and projects. In this capacity he/she will interact with a diverse group of individuals both external and internal at all levels of the organization and responds to inquiries while modeling customer service and CLF’s mission and values. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Grow the business level membership program, both by selling memberships and increasing membership value
- Grow the Community Card program by selling memberships, increasing business partners, increasing value and assisting the executive director in bulk membership sales
- Using discretion, screen emails and telephone calls from members. Respond to time sensitive inquiries. Handle issues quickly and appropriately.
- Perform member outreach to ensure member satisfaction with Cambridge Local First
- Manage Membership Renewals
- Maintain the Business and Community member databases
- Sell ads in the annual Cambridge Local First directory
- Assist in Directory delivery
- Draft copy for announcements, newsletters, and other print and electronic communications with members
- Assist with the development and execution of promotional activities for CLF campaigns and program offerings.
- Assist with the planning of CLF member events where such planning intersects with member outreach.
- Solicit and coordinate the publication of content from various sources.
- Assist other operating areas of the CLF projects as needed to ensure that CLF accomplishes its major objectives and moves toward the realization of its mission
- Bachelors Degree (Or Equivalent Experience)
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Excellent document management skills.
- Customer Service experience required
- Tools/Programs used: Website Design (WordPress), Google, HootSuite, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Pinterest, Instagram, Constant Contact, Quickbooks etc.
- Ability to create high quality correspondence and reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to organize data and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work as a team player, with limited supervision and in a proactive manner.
- Candidate must have his/her own personal laptop and phone
- The ability and willingness to identify with, share in, and have a commitment to the philosophy, mission, values and vision of Cambridge Local First.
- Marketing knowledge and experience
- Skills with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or any other creative graphic programs
- Sales experience
- Experience in the non-profit field
At different times during the year certain programs will require more attention. Any changes in the focus and time spent on the above responsibilities will be determined through regular conversations with the Executive Director.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org